Sunday, February 14, 2016

Interviewing Customers No. 3

Interviewing Customers #3:

This weeks Interviews consisted of honest feedback from individuals on my idea. 
I wrote a 1 paragraph note card outlining my project. 
Wine for Thought:
Can you Remember the last time you bought a bottle of wine? Did you look to see where it was from?  Even if your'e not a wine expert would you be willing to give French wine a try? The Euro is down compared to the American dollar making European wines cheaper to buy and import. Would you like to see a more diverse wine list at your go to restaurant? I plan on importing French wine to restaurants here in Florida. Do you think it would be a good idea? Thanks for your honest feedback!

I decided to wait outside a wine store on archer (ABC liquors). After starting up conversation with a couple individuals i got some interesting feedback.
1) The first lady i met was named Rachel, she was very nice but when i asked if i could film the interview she was reluctant. She explained that alcohol was a sensitive subject for her work reputation and she preferred to stay anonymous. Rachel was 37 years old explained to me about the difference in wine selection here in Gainesville compared to her hometown in New Jersey.  She said that it was a great idea but that there was a lack of high class Italian restaurants in Gainesville.
(after my first interview I realized that most would feel uncomfortable being filmed outside a liquor store; to get honest feedback i needed the interviewees to feel comfortable.)
2) Jefferey and Lucy are in their 40's. They explained to me that they rarely drink wine but on this special occasion they were going to buy champagne. I asked them what kind and they said the real stuff. I was excited to hear that someone was buying real champagne. They explained that when they do buy wine it's usually at the supermarket and under 12 dollars. They explained that they would buy nicer wines to bring  over to friend houses. This gave me the idea that i could incorporate some sort of wine gifting service into my venture.
3) Ricky was 48. After reading my notecard he explained that although he doesn't often drink wine he would rather buy American. I noticed this in some of my other interviews. There is a significant portion of people who would rather buy a Californian wine because its made domestically.
4)The 5th person i talked to was Henry who was 32. He was impressed by the idea and suggested selling the wine in ABC liquors. He said he would buy the french wine if it was under 20 dollars. He was actually going in to buy wine for a date with his girlfriend. He also said that when he gets wine at restaurants he only gets by the glass.

My main takeaways from these interviews was that I should possibly incorporate some sort of holiday themed gift basket sets. I also realized that i could try to sell my wines to liquor stores. It was a great experience. Happy Valentines Day!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Brandon! Very interesting and unique idea. It's nice to see a project that does not have to do with an app. I think your idea would bring a new international experience to Florida. You mentioned that it was somewhat uncomfortable for people to answer your questions in front of the liquor store. Was it uncomfortable for you to ask them there as well? Nicely done overall!

    If you want to check out my blog, here is the link. There aren't a third set of interviews though. nika-uf-ent3003.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brandon, great efforts in going to an environment appropriate to find customers that fit your idea! Gainesville would be a great place to venture into such a market. Wine has become a popular item amongst college students. And with popularity increasing, quality wine will definitely be in demand. I think it keys to find the right customers. You had great questions to ask and very diverse. Great post!

    ReplyDelete