Sunday, February 7, 2016

Interviewing Customers No. 2

The Idea: Importing a variety of French wine to Florida. 

1) Fine tune your opportunity. You began with an idea of what an opportunity might be. After your first round of interviews, what do you think, now? 
After my last interviewees I have realized that my Targer Group needs to be older students. I found that the Juniors/Seniors I interviewed were more likely to drink wine. 
2) Fine tune the "who." Did you talk to the right customers last time? What did you do differently this time? How did you adjust your conceptualization of who your customers are?
This go around I am interviewing customers at a Super Bowl Party. This will give me a good mix of different age groups. My prior interviews were soley students in their 20's. 
3) Tweaking your interview questions. You might need to ask different kinds of questions to get at a fuller, richer idea of what your opportunity is. What kind of changes did you make?
I have added the question, "How old are you" to get a better idea of generational trends. 
5) Tell us what you learned about the opportunity. You now have 10 interviews under your belt. What do you think about your opportunity now that's different from where you started?  
I hope to get a fuller picture of everyones specific wine tastes and not just students. 
6) Tell us what you learned about interviewing customers. You're practically an expert on interviewing customers. Please write three tips that you'd like to offer students in this class next semester about interviewing customers.
I think the key is to catch people outside of events. This is how I did week one interviews. After the Super Bowl party is over I will edit the videos and add them to the post. Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon! I think your idea is really cool. The best part about this week's interviews is that you used the Super Bowl to your advantage and asked older people what their preferences are. I agree with the fact that older students tend to like wine more, I'm a sophomore and I haven't really taken a liking to it yet but I know in the future I probably will. Good luck on your business venture, can't ever go wrong with wine!

    Below is the link to my interviews about my pet-friendly coffee shop idea:

    http://rmathisonent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2_7.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I agree with your thoughts that this idea is more targeted towards older students, beings they are the ones that are legally able to drink the wine. Also, like Rachel said above, I am a sophomore and haven't quite learned to appreciate the taste of wine yet. I love that you learned from your mistakes in the first round of interviews and learned how to fix it this time! I did the same thing and even changed my idea completely from the first time. You should check out my blog!
    http://principlesofent.blogspot.com/2016/02/interviewing-customers-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete