Sunday, February 28, 2016

Half-Way Reflection

Half-Way Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a skill. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? Confidence is key! This course is all about getting out their and taking risks! It is not easy putting your idea's out there. By sharing your ideas with others you get important feedback. I kept a tenacious spirit by realizing that every interview i did would improve my people skills. 
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this? During the third round of interviews I almost felt like giving up. My target group was unwilling to have themselves recorded talking about their alcohol consumption. Fortunately the professor changed the ruling on videos and I was able to interview customers anonymously. That change is what really pulled me through. 
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ? The first is stay positive. Even though someone might not like your idea take their opinion with a grain of salt. They might not be in your target group. Second tip is to check your assignment deadlines every day. Their are a lot of assignments in this course each with their own deadline. I missed a few deadlines and lost easy points because I didn't check every day the first month. The third tip is to never give up. Even if you have to change your business vision never give up. Every day is filled with new oportunities. Someday you will find the perfect fit for you. Good Luck!

3 comments:

  1. I like your tips for the next class a lot. I also missed a few points because of deadline misconceptions and it's incredibly frustrating, the missing of easy points, because a lot of the activities just require WORK and DETERMINATION to get them done, and if you keep up with all the deadlines, a good grade is yours to have. Also, "not giving up" is a great point, because many times during the class you'll have to deal with mean, slightly irritated people who want you to leave them alone and not ask them for an interview and not look at them with a would-you-like-to-help-me-it-will-take-only-a-few-minutes stare.

    ReplyDelete


  2. Hi Brandon

    I find your post very concise and to the point and I share mostly same views about what it takes to be successful on it. Staying positive and persistent is definitely key to getting the work done and yourself ahead in improving the skills you need to thrive in an entrepreneurial pursuit. Keeping up with the number of assignments and getting the interviews on camera done was just as challenging for me but we have made it and gained important experiences on the process. Best of the luck for the remainder of the class.

    Below is the link to my “Half-way Reflection” post:

    http://lirimveliu.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me start off by saying that your concept seems to be the most actualized of every other blog I've been to. It is definitely clear that you have been, as you say, getting your ideas out there. It really shows that this is an idea you are passionate about, which I think is something that is very important to this class as the whole of it is pretty much centered around that idea. I can relate to you with falling behind, this class is very dependent on time management and constant vigilance. Cant wait to see where this goes, and hopefully in a year when I turn 21 I will be able to enjoy the tasty pressed fruits of your labor:)
    Check out my blog here http://letmespeakwithmgmt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete