Sunday, February 28, 2016

The Twenty Percent

The Twenty Percent 

The Snapshotr: A Mixologist's best friend.

For my interview I decided to contact Mr. Andrew Levin founder of Snapshotr. We talked a bit about his company and how it has grown. I explained to him how the Pareto Principle works when targeting customers. The idea that 20% of a companies customers produce 80% of it's revenue runs true, After a quick chat he explained to me that his target group was college kids. Next I found 3 potential customers in that target group and asked them each about their thoughts on having a two chamber shot glass. Does it fit their needs? We'll see!
Daniel 23: I met Daniel of University near Heavener. I explained to him the concept. He said he would definitely invest in such a product. He also thought it would be a great idea to target Fraternities here at UF. 
Shelby 22: Shelby is in my Management class. I asked her about the idea of a two cylinder shot glass. She was interested ,but said she would prefer to buy one that was made of glass for the current price. When I mentioned that the product could be introduced to Greek life she agreed. She thought it was a cool innovative idea ,but it didn't quite meet her need because it wasn't made of glass. 
Chris 23: I met Chris at the Salty Dog Saloon. I told Chris about the idea and he thought it was great. He is studying nutrition. He said that it added a fun element to drinking and that it was a great concept. He felt that college students would definitely love to have one in their apartments.

Overall I think Andrew's target group was spot on. Its a great concept and I think it could really flourish here in UF. There is a large group of his target Demographic here in Gainesville. I look forward to helping him expand his already successful business here in the Swamp. Check his site out!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Brandon, I thought the business you decided to interview for this assignment was really interesting, unique and really cool. I think the owner understands his target customers and based his idea off of them and their unmet needs. Overall, I think you did a really good job summarizing the interviews, but could have expanded more on the business owner perspective and asked him more questions. Here is the link to my blog post, feel free to check it out when you can

    http://ent1646.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon,
    This looks and sounds like a really unique product. From your post, it is clear that Mr. Levin knows who his target customer is. Based on your descriptions, it sounds like you did a good job of finding the right type of people to interview. Overall, I think that you could have asked a lot more questions to each person with which you spoke. I hope this assignment helped you gain some insight into targeting and understanding customers. Feel free to check out my blog at: http://uffarmer.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-twenty-percent.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete