Sunday, March 27, 2016

The Amazon Whisperer

Revenue Drivers:
My first and foremost driver would be retail revenue. I could also include online sales through websites such as Amazon.
Next Product offering:
After my wine gains popularity I will sell bottles from different French regions and different types of wine. The key is to provide enough variety to reduce cannibalization. I plan to increase loyalty by creating a selection group of wine. I could represent my French wines in different events/competitions across the United States.


The wine Chateau de Surs sells for only 10 dollars in France compared to 20 on Amazon. The Reviews praise the wine saying that they shared the wine with wine enthusiasts. It is very possible that the unique origin of the wine effected the consumer’s response to the product. What’s nice about the reviews is that you could sell only wines that people like and not worry about investing in large crates of one specific wine.  

I haven’t tasted this specific French wine so I could not comment whether I would add it to my collection. The price is about what I would sell my wines at though. 

2 comments:

  1. I think your analysis of the Amazon product was good and thorough. As we have learned, competitor analysis is very important for any successful business venture because it allows them to figure out how to stand above the other options in the market. Good job! You can check out my post here: http://katieshirley.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alex!

    I think your ideas for product offering and advertising at events and competitions is brilliant. I definitely believe people will better appraise a wine from a farther region, and a region of interest, more than a wine next door. France is definitely a region of interest for much of the world. I think your price range is well reasonable.

    Overall, well done as always! Keep up the good work!
    - Angela

    ReplyDelete