Friday, January 22, 2016

Very Short Interview With Entrepreneur #1

I am Interviewing Daniel Moore. Daniel Moore runs his own veterinarian branch AllPets California. His focus is to provide specialized treatment for free range cattle focusing on calves.  
  • What does it mean to be an entrepreneur? 
  • One must be willing to take risks in a financial enticing scenario. As a veterinarian clinic tech I found a niche market treating calves. The key is to specialize and provide a service that nobody else provides.  
  • What do you think I should learn in a Entrepreneur course? 
  • You should learn how to identify untouched markets and how to sell and pitch your ideas to others. You should also learn how to manage risk and be ready to handle unidentified costs that could arise after starting your business venture. Create a flexible budget.
  • What do you wish you were taught in school before setting off as an entrepreneur?
  •  I wish i was taught when to let go of certain ideas. Sometimes you can get too attached to a business venture and can loose focus of the big picture. Markets and demand changes over time and a successful business entrepreneur needs to be able to adapt to his or her environment. 
What surprised me about this interview was the planning portion needed to become successful. Daniel explained that unplanned costs can arise at any moment and you need to be prepared to deal with them. I hope to learn how to better manage the risk involved with starting my own company and prepare myself for unplanned costs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment