Sunday, January 31, 2016

Customer Interviews No. 1

Do you want Cheese with that Wine??
1) Find an opportunity. 
Importing French wine in a market saturated by Californian/South American wine.
 2) Figure out who might have the unmet need. 
Wine drinkers that have never tried a French wine before and want something different for the right price.
 3) Come up with a list of questions.
Hello! How are you doing today? I’m Brandon what’s your name? Nice to meet you! I plan on starting a wine importing business here in Gainesville. To research demand trends I need to interview potential customers. Do you mind if I interview you and ask a few questions?
My first question is, what is your favorite alcoholic beverage?
What are your thoughts on wine? Do you ever drink wine?
When was the last time you had a glass of wine?
Do you prefer to drink wine at home or in restaurants?
What kind do you usually get? Red, White, Rose?
Which country do you think is the most known for their wine?
Have you tried a French wine before?
Is French wine easy to find here in Gainesville?
How much do you pay on average for a bottle of wine at the supermarket?
What about in a restaurant? If you were on a date for example..
If the price was right would you pick a French wine over a California wine?
Alright! Thanks so much for your input and thank you for a great interview!

4) Tell us what you learned about the opportunity. 
I learned that most students tend to buy there wine at the supermarket for under 15 dollars. This is because most can’t afford to buy their own wine at a restaurant.
5) Tell us what you learned about interviewing customers. I learned that you never know what to expect. Some are your target group and others may have little interest in your Product. I learned that meeting strangers is the best way to get honest feedback on your business venture.

The Interviews!


3 comments:

  1. Brandon,
    I thought you came up with a very unique business opportunity with well thought out questions. I also probably fall under the category of your other interviewees because I will rarely spend over $15 for a bottle of wine because then it gets too expensive. Although, if you were able to sell French wine for a reasonable price, it might be successful. I also learned that some people have no interest in your product or service, but mainly learned that interviewing strangers gets you a good representation.
    You can check out my post here:
    http://jamesdonigan.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interview-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great unmet need you have found here and an interesting opportunity! I think you gave well thoughtful questions for your business idea and you conducted the interviews quite well. Good organization also.

    Keep up the good work!
    -Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon,

    Really great job on the interviews, especially on the questions you came up with. I have to agree with you 100% that you will never know how people will respond to questions about a business venture one might have. I had some people that loved idea and some didn’t have time for it which is okay. I have a question for you, why did you chose this venture? and will you only import French wine? Overall keep up the great work.

    Here is my blog post feel free to leave some feedback
    http://qdesousaent3003.blogspot.com/2016/01/ent-3003-customer-interviews-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete