Sunday, April 17, 2016

Google Gold

1) A discussion of your general approach and strategy to search engine optimization (SEO). What were some of the activities you did for each blog post to pursue SEO? By following the guidelines set in this class I was able to improve my SEO. Sharing my blogs url address was one of the methods that increased my search results. Only a month into the class I was unable to find my blog until the third Google page. My blog now comes up as the 6th choice in a google search if I type in alexandvon. If I add the keyword wine then it comes up as a direct match. I did this on purpose so that I could use alexandvon and a brand name if needed. 
2) What were your keywords. How did you select those keywords? Did you change or refine your keywords through the semester? The main keywords I used were French Wine and Organic. 
3) How did you use social media to enhance your SEO efforts? What your your surprises or general impression of using social media to improve your blog's profile? Was social media generally receptive of your blog, or did it get ignored? I used links to relay viewers to my blog. I posted the url to the comment sections of dozens of posts. 
4) What was your most "viral" post? In other words, which post obtained the most traffic? Why do you think? My most viral post was my first elevator pitch. I think people are more likely to view videos.
5) Finally, did you make it to the first page of Google results for your keywords? If not, what page of results did you make it to? Yes if you type in alexandvon. My other keywords increase the ranking on the first search page. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post Brandon. That's great that you have a venture you are able to follow through with. For my posts, I only used the titles and tags required for the class. The same with sharing my blog on social media. I didn't think it was necessary to share a class assignment. If I had a venture like yours to promote, then yes, I would absolutely use social media to promote my business. You chose great words to use as tags. They apply to your venture and are very particular.

    If you have time, check out my post.

    http://myso-bloggedlife.blogspot.com/2016/04/google-gold.html

    ReplyDelete